Let me start today by stating very clearly, Covid and the government’s reaction to it has had many devastating and catastrophic impacts on millions of people’s lives. Millions have suffered great financial hardships, great losses, grave health difficulties, and been severely harmed from the tyrannical restrictions placed upon them and their individual freedoms. Many of you, my friends and supporters, have suffered much, and I have personally prayed for many of you as you dealt with the covid illness, or other great hardships you’ve faced because of this pandemic. It is not my intention to minimize in any way the hardships and suffering of so many people. But as a devout Christian, I also see some very profound blessings that have come about as a consequence of this pandemic.
I am reminded once again, that God always brings some good from bad!
I know you may be thinking, “How in the world can Pastor Mark use Covid and blessings in the same title??” Well, believe it or not, I see some very real blessings, from a Biblical perspective to this covid insanity! I offer you some very interesting observations about some of the unique ways God has used this terrible pandemic for some great good.
1. Lots of mothers have left the workforce to stay home, after getting to experience it because of Covid shutdowns.
One of the great stories hidden in the data, that no one is really talking much about, is lots of working moms, who had to stay home with their kids, as there was no child care or school, now are deciding on their own, “I like being a stay at home mom. This is more important to me than my career.” This is part of why there are so many job openings across the country. I rejoice that many are experiencing God’s plan for mothers in the home with their kids!
2. Lots of families decided to rescue their kids from public schools and the systemic indoctrination after seeing what their kids are being taught over zoom and have begun to homeschool them.
Many bad teachers and curriculums were exposed, and millions of parents are now pulling them from public schools and teaching them at home, themselves. I could not be more thrilled!
3. Lots of dads now work from home all day, instead of being away from their families 40 plus hours a week!
This is a tremendous blessing to have dad being at home during the day, instead of having to work away from home, and stuck in long commutes. I’ve had the privilege of working from home for over 35 years, as we raised our kids, and can tell you first hand it is an incredible blessing.
4. Lots more people are taking their health seriously and going on walks outside! Walking rejuvenates life!
I have observed this first hand at the lake I walk around daily. I used to have it all to myself. Now it has become busy with many other people walking around it as well. I personally loved the solitude, but I am happy to share it as many are now taking their health much more seriously!
5. Lots of money is being saved because mom and dad are not doing long commutes to work every day as they have discovered the power and freedom of working from home and being with their families.
6. Lots of money was returned to families with kids, from a government that takes far too much of our money in confiscatory taxes.
I am thrilled at the good fortune of so many of you with children. You absolutely deserve it. So much of your money should have never been taken from you in the first place.
7. Many compromising Christian churches that so willingly bowed their knee to government edicts, but are so lukewarm and rebellious towards God, who’ve sold out to a woke gospel, social justice, CRT, and evangelical feminism, are finding their church attendance is not coming back to pre-covid numbers, nor are their finances recovering. They are dying!
Which is exactly what they deserve. This is a great blessing.
8. The tyranny of the wicked, democratic left has been exposed as the corrupt liars, killers, and thieves they really are. Millions of Americans and Christians are seeing this for the first time in a very powerful way. This is a great blessing.
9. Many Christians are taking their faith more seriously than ever before as they realize there is no lasting hope in this present world system. Many are finding the courage to take a stand and pay the price to be faithful to God. We are seeing the rebirth of the Christian dissident. I rejoice that God and faith are becoming so important to them.
10. For the first time many families have spent a tremendous amount of time together at home, having been forced to because of Covid. As a result, they are realizing just how much time with each other and their children really matter to them. This is a great blessing.
These are some of the profound ways the covid tyranny of the left, backfired on them, blew up in their faces, and is bringing about a more sane, healthy, and even more Biblical way of life for millions!
Though there is still much bad, God is bringing some good from the bad.
IN THESE THINGS I GREATLY REJOICE! WHAT A BLESSING!
Have a wonderful thanksgiving! Remember to THANK GOD!
Helping you become a Strong Disciple,
Because of Jesus,
Pastor Mark Darling